Monday, June 20, 2005

Shower Love

I'm a night showerer and this always is a plus when living with roommates. I don't have to set a time to shower in the morning and I never have to cut my shower short for fear of intruding on someone else's shower time. I can take all the time I want to.

My new apartment has a window in the bathroom that looks out onto the Triboro Bridge. While in the shower, I always open the window a crack and look out at the lit up bridge. The greenish lights that outline the bridge make me think that I am living in a movie. I have to stand on my tippy toes to see out the window but just looking outside while in the shower makes me smile. I also love the smell of the shower and soap mixing with the smells of the city. Last night I smelled fresh laundry. These scents all mixed together was heavenly. I also got a whiff of pizza. I don't even think that there is a pizza place that close to the window. When the chilly air mixes with the humid warm air from the shower, I am overwhelmed with a sense of calm. I wish I could stay in the shower all night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I envy you that view of the bridge. I can see a ratty old rooftop from bathroom window.
I love the smell of fresh laundry.
One of my favorite smells is when the subway doors open at Brighton Beach on a hot day; salt water, about a zillion suntan lotions and Nathans - heaven.
Keep blogging you're good.
Found you on nycbloggers

Bean said...

Hi Frances,
thanks for reading my blog... I have to get out to Coney Island to experience that smell firsthand. Sounds delicious!