Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tales from the George Washington Bridge

Everyday, when I drive home from work, I have to go through a tollbooth for the George Washington Bridge. The EZpass doesn’t give any discounts to commuters so in order to not pay the $8 each day to cross the bridge I fill my car with two other people. This allows me to go through the cash lane and say the secret password to get my toll down to $2. It’s not really a secret but when you sign up for EZpass you can add on the carpool option and when you go through the cash lane you say “carpool” and the toll collector presses a button that gives you the reduced toll.

Usually there is this cranky woman who pushes the button before I even have my window rolled down and when I say “carpool” she nods her head and that’s it. She isn’t the nicest but she does recognize me everyday. Yesterday, I pulled up to the tollbooth and there was a man I had never seen before. I told him “carpool” and he said “I got it!” then as I was about to drive away he said “stay beautiful!”. My face immediately turned beet red as I thanked him.

A discount toll and a free compliment, thanks New Jersey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I am going away to ԁο mу breakfast, аfter haѵing my breаκfast coming agaіn to
reaԁ othеr newѕ.

Feel free to viѕit my blog pοѕt
1 Month Car insurance

wowitems said...

I told him “carpool” and he said “I got it!” then as I was about to drive away he said “stay beautiful!”. My face immediately turned beet red as I thanked him.
Billig WOW Gold
World of Warcraft Gold Kaufen Billig