Wednesday, November 28, 2007

New Room New Views

I just moved into the biggest room in my 3 bedroom apartment. Not only do I have more space for all my stuff but I have a different view of the city. As I type this, I am watching out of the corner of my eye, the east and west bound traffic on 96th street creep up and down the hill. I can see the buses lurching forward and stopping to pick up and drop off all the tired passengers. The cars line up and stop and then the light switches over and its time for them to move forward. A car just parked in an award winning spot right in front of a building. It took two tries but it was worth it.

I can see into the next building and a man is playing the guitar while his roommate is cooking in the kitchen.

I can see all of this with a birds eye view from a high floor in a high rise. Boy am I lucky to live in such an amazing city.

No comments: